Blue Cross Blue Shield NC Understanding Medicare

Compare Plans

Apply Online

Original Medicare Part A and B:

What it covers, How it works, What it costs

Original Medicare includes Part A and Part B coverage.

 

Medicare Part A is hospital insurance that helps cover inpatient hospital care, skilled nursing facility care, hospice and home health care.

 

Medicare Part B is medical insurance that helps cover medically necessary doctor services and outpatient care. It also includes some preventive services to help you maintain good health and to keep certain illnesses from getting worse. Medicare supplement insurance is typically needed with Original Medicare.

‚Äč

Original Medicare is offered by the federal government. You’re automatically enrolled in Part A when you turn age 65, or when you become eligible for Medicare. If you get benefits under Social Security or Railroad Retirement, in most cases you’ll be automatically enrolled in Part B.

You usually don’t pay a monthly premium for Part A coverage. But, you will typically pay a monthly Part B premium. 

 

Original Medicare covers about 80% of the cost of many health care services. It doesn’t pay for all of your costs, including copayments, coinsurance and deductibles. You’ll be responsible for the other 20%.

SM
Blue Medicare Supplement

Ed Spence & Associates

(919) 736-3866

1507 E Ash St, Goldsboro, NC 27530, USA

Ed Spence & Associates is an independent authorized producer/agency licensed to sell and promote products from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina®(Blue Cross NC®). The content contained in this site is maintained by Ed Spence & Associates. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent license of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. SM, ® Registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association ©2019 by Ed Spence & Associates.